American Evangelical Christians Fomenting Hatred Abroad?

Sunday, March 14, 2010 at 11:39 PM Bookmark and Share
Some stunningly bad arguments used to rationalize legislation (further) criminalizing homosexuality in Uganda.


All that bad logic aside, I find pastor Scott Lively's actions repulsive and negligent. Should he be blamed for fueling the fires of hate in Uganda?  I think so, and here's why.

Suppose I entered a crowded theater with one small exit, first yelling "Fire! The building is burning! We're all going to die!" but then saying calmly "But, please, remain seated and stay calm" once the crowd began to panic.  If someone was then trampled to death - should I be held accountable for having helped rouse the mob? I think so.

Scott Lively's relatively benign suggestions about what to do with homosexuals in no way absolves him of fueling the hatred of homosexuals in Uganda.

0 comments:

Post a Comment