The American Physiological Society has a new FAQ up on using animals in scientific research (big emphasis on medical research). If you've ever wondered...
... then hop on over to their website and have a look.
- Why do researchers study animals?
- Why can’t they use computers instead?
- What types of animals are needed?
- Who makes sure that research animals are treated well?
- Why do some people say that animal research is wrong?
- Why do companies test cosmetics and other products on animals?
- Why do some new drugs that are tested in animals still have serious side effects?
- Is research painful?